Tuesday, August 23, 2016

202 Ashley's Happy Scrappy - turquoise, orange, mustard yellow & navy blue

Our beloved Ashley, one of Sarah's BFF's, has served her as doula for all of her births.  We adore her.  She is one of the most nurturing, kind, thoughtful people on the earth.  As I watched her joyously, graciously assist my sweet Sarah in the labor and delivery of her third child... my heart shouted, "must must must make Ashley a quilt!"

It turned out to be one of my favorite Happy Scrappies due to Ashley's unique, joyous blend of favorite colors:

turquoise
orange
mustard yellow
and navy blue

As beautiful as Ashley!



I want to remember this particular quilting design.  I "stair stepped stich-in-the-ditch" then did the interior work stairstep on the way back up to the top.  Next time I'll add some additional flor de lis on the interior work as I get used to this.

1 comment:

  1. Dang it! You keep making quilts that I LOVE SO MUCH and end up coveting..and then you KNOW I have to repent and ask God to forgive my sinful heart!! I too would not have thought of this delightful color combination, yet it is one of those that just make my heart happy when I look at it. And the backing...wow! GREAT job on the design! I want to see the flor de lis that you eventually master. That's going to be some kind of awesome!

    ReplyDelete