Monday, May 27, 2013

75 - BATIK! Ahhhhhh, B A T I K

5+ years I've been keeping my eyes peeled for discounted batik fabric.  So pretty.  Such a vibrant, happy, natural splash of colors.  But so expensive!  I'd gathered a little bit here and there, always watching for 50%, 60%, 70% opportunities.  Finally, on the recent Bday/Mday weekend, Kev took me to JoAnns (my-kinda-date!) and, using discounts and coupons, I completed my Batik Stash.  It's been heaven sewing all these colors together.  Who do you s'pose this quilt is for?

Me!
 
:)
 
and I'm sharing with Kev ;)
 
Pattern:  Log Cabin
because I knew this pattern would allow for any fabric yardage I had in my stash
 
Vivid and happy!
 
The quilt measured 80-85 without borders.  I wanted closer to 105-110.  So I made mini-log cabins and added those to the border in order to gain the extra width and length.  It was definitely worth the time.



 
 

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you didn't say it was for you and Kevin I was going to kick you in the can when I get up there in July! This is so, so, so pretty!! I am wild about the batik. It's gorgeous and you were so smart to get a bit at a time to do this artistically creative and beautiful quilt. I want to hold it for a little while when we get there so I can feel all the joy emanating from it! Your quilts make me happy. I love this blog.

    ReplyDelete