This is the 2nd large quilt she made (one for each son). This pattern has a small pinwheel inside a large pinwheel. And it took us quite a bit of brain cells to figure out the continuous-line-stitch... but we did it! Our secret ended up being that we had to focus on quilting one specific pinwheel at a time. We were both talking to ourselves as we quilted...
1. straight down through the entire center
2. curve INSIDE the pinwheel
3. stitch-in-the-ditch back to center
4. change directions
5. oh yeah, second pass gets to go straight down through entire pinwheel, why do I keep forgetting that?
6. curve INSIDE ( that's INSIDE!) the pinwheel, sheesh!
7. back to where I started from... isn't it intriguing how you always end up back where you started
It's no wonder our little quilter-brains are exhausted when we finish. I was a babbling idiot.
Wish I'd taken a picture of the back. Sentimental Sally included Sesame Street retro curtains and Spiderman, Batman, etc. fabrics from her son's bedrooms. A D O R A B L E and hilarious.
|Cutey Patootey Sally|