Monday, March 5, 2012

29 - Mary's Ocean Waves

A SEREDIPITOUS SATURDAY.  I called Mary on the spur-of-the-moment to see if she wanted to bring "that quilt we'd talked about forever!" over to my house because my long arm was empty (rare).  She was thilled because she was free and so she brought over her "Ocean Waves" quilt she'd made when her daughter was younger.  It had been waiting to be quilted for years.  Mary has matched each triangle point so carefully - I'll be giving this quilt careful attention.  It was fun to work in the studio with Mary.  And, bonus, later that evening her hubby cooked an amazing smoked salmon linguini for us!  Yum!

Finished March 23:  Now it is ready for Mary to do the handsewing around the border.  I liked how Mary's pattern challenged me to apply a new quilting pattern.  It is good to add to my skills.  A little stressy quilting for a new friend who does things really well (how she matched the corners of all those triangles... I'll never know)!  Quilting for someone else stretched me to want to quilt really well -- and yet I still made mistakes all over the place.  Hopefully, after Mary washes it and it all gets squishy-cozy she won't even notice!  Right Mary?

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful quilt! Good work Mary, glad ya'll finally got that thing finished. It deserves to be seen!

    ReplyDelete