Wednesday, February 8, 2012

25 1/2 Quilt - Sally Learns to Quilt

I was deee-lighted when Sally, a fun, friendly teaching colleague of mine, wanted to come and learn quilting in "The Studio."  First we sorted through my scrap bin to see what types of colors and prints caught her eye.  Surprise!  Turns out it was the potato fabrics' natural analogousal colors with a giggle.  Sort of like Sally, herself, natural and easy going with a good dose of giggle!  "Oh, this is going to be fun!" I thought to myself :)
We used 4-patches and Log Cabins to quickly sew together three scrappy squares.  And then Sally took off on the Long Arm.  What a quick learner she is!
By the time Sally left, she was ready to bind her table runner.  And her cute smile was still there, so I guess I didn't stress her out too much!  Hopefully she will be back to quilt a couple of grandbaby quilts (even though she doesn't look like she could possibly be a grandma) - that'll be the next "Sally Learns To Quilt" studio session.  See you soon, Sally!  Hope you had as much fun as I did.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking at your last 3 quilting posts and my head is hurting from the sheer volume of work you have been putting out lately! And you work and you care for your grandaughter...yikes. I am seriously looking at my life as a total and complete FAIL!!!!! Robin, you amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha
    Thanks NancyPancy
    for the LAUGH-OUT-LOUD
    you sincerely crack me up!

    ReplyDelete